Top 10 Reason to Live United
10. IT CAN BE USED AS A TAX DEDUCTION – Your donation to United Way is tax-deductible.
9. YOU ARE NOT ALONE– Giving to United Way is the most powerful way to give to your community. Your donation multiplies the community impact when you combine your gift with others.
8. MORE BANG FOR YOUR BUCK – Your United Way involvement will enable you to help numerous people, agencies and programs in your community…and it reaches out to the entire 418 square miles of Paulding County.
7. JOINING TOGETHER– We always tell our young people that it is good to work together and that there is strength in teamwork. We can be role models. Teaching children about how philanthropy creates community awareness, social responsibility…and it also teaches us how to be a good neighbor. These are important life skills our youth can carry into adulthood.
6. IT IS AFFORDABLE – You might be wondering, “How much should I give?” You would be amazed at how giving up a soda or candy bar a week over a year can really make a big difference in our community.
5. IT STAYS IN YOUR COMMUNITY – The money you donate to our area United Way supports local programs and agencies. Dollars raised in our community, stay in our community to help build a better place for us all to live, work and raise our families.
4. YOUR DONATION HELPS MANY– When you help the community through the United Way, you can support numerous non-profit agencies. For example you might want to help children and youth, promote good health, sustain families in crisis or help people develop crucial life skills. This allows your financial gift to become personal and meaningful to many people our community.
3. GIVING IS GOOD – There have been recent studies, which relate that helping others has good health benefits, including boosting the immune system.
2. YOUR MONEY WORKS EFFECTIVELY – The programs being funded by our United Way are held accountable. Community members, just like you, review and monitor funded agencies in our community. Our volunteers also monitor those agencies’ programs and services. Funding decisions are based on the impact the funded agencies make in the community, when they assist residents in need. Volunteers insure that your money is being spent wisely.
and the #1 reason is……STRENGTH IN NUMBERS! The strength of our community depends on the strength of our local United Way. The strength of United Way depends on YOU. This is how we Live United by joining with others to make it happen.